Curriculum and study tips
In the online orientation, all students will be introduced to Blackboard, our main learning management system. Blackboard is where we will provide clear instructions and links to all other platforms.
Scheduled Zoom-based classes in the morning are held between 1pm and 5pm New Zealand Standard Time, Monday to Friday (real time mornings in CST). Actual period times with the teacher will vary depending on your timetable for the subjects you are studying. You’ll be notified about your schedule when you begin your programme. Outside of scheduled classes you’ll self-study using our range of asynchronous (not real time) tools – Blackboard, Education Perfect, OneNote, Teams etc.
- Instruction will be in English.
- Timetable includes approximately four hours of live classes and four hours of self-directed learning per week, Monday to Friday.
- Classes are a maximum of 28 students each, with small numbers for tutorial groups.
- You’ll have ongoing support and interaction with your teacher using the learning and discussion forums tools within Blackboard, or by email, WeChat or another platform
- Homework – all assignments, information and work is provided and submitted securely and privately between students and teachers via Blackboard.
How would your timetable look?
- At the start of each week, you’ll take part in a small tutorial session, where key learning tasks of the week are explained to you and any questions are answered
- Then, you begin your learning tasks using resources provided via Blackboard.
- Later in each week, you’ll take part in a full class Zoom session, where your teacher will go over content and go deeper into key aspects
Here’s a sample timetable including the four different types of delivery:
|Asynchronous Learning||Subject 1||Subject 4||Subject 3|
|Subject 3||Subject 2|
|Subject 2||Subject 1||Subject 4|
|Live video sessions||12:30 -1:40||Subject 1||Subject 2||Subject 3|
|1:40 – 2:50||Subject 4||Subject 3||Subject 1|
|2:50 – 4:00||Subject 2||Subject 4|
|4:00 – 5:10||Subject 3||Subject 1||Subject 4||Subject 2|
|5:10 – 5:30||Tutor class|